Skip to content ↓
Park High School

Park High School

Design & Technology

 Welcome to the Design & Technology Department

"British designers are celebrated all over the world for their creativity and innovation but the real strength of our industry has, and always will, lie in education."  - Sir Terence Conran

Head of Department:

Mrs Kerai

e-mail: n.kerai@parkhighstanmore.org.uk

Members of the Department:

Mrs Kerai

Ms Bartle

Miss Mistry

Mrs Rajaram

Mrs Lopes Da Silva

Mr Etwaroo

Key Stage 3:

Design & Technology

Year 7 
 

In Design and Technology in year 7, students spend one term in each of the three specialisms:

Food Technology Textiles Product Design

Culture

Culture

The home

Health

Construction

Construction

Environment

Environment

Energy

Agriculture

Fashion

Engineering

KS3 Assessment:
Home learning is allocated on a weekly basis by each department. It may be an isolated piece of work, a project, research or an alternative task which challenges the students to solidify their knowledge and / or extend it.

Food technology Evaluation

  • Sensory test products to identify future improvements
  • Ask the target market or other interested groups to evaluate the final idea or product

Textile Evaluation

  • Analyse the work of past or present designers
  • Evaluate designs and products to identify improvements

Product Design Evaluation

  • Test and evaluate the final idea or product and suggest improvements

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Year 8 

Food Technology Textiles Product Design

Culture

Culture

The home

Health

Environment

Construction

Environment

Fashion

Energy

Agriculture

 

 

KS3 Assessment:
Home learning is allocated on a weekly basis by each department. It may be an isolated piece of work, a project, research or an alternative task which challenges the students to solidify their knowledge and / or extend it.

Food technology Evaluation

  • Sensory test products to identify future improvements
  • Ask the target market or other interested groups to evaluate the final idea or product

Textile Evaluation

  • Analyse the work of past or present designers
  • Evaluate designs and products to identify improvements

Product Design Evaluation

  • Test and evaluate the final idea or product and suggest improvements

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Key Stage 4

Food & Nutrition

Year 9
 

Autumn Spring Summer

Food Preparation skills

Classic cooking skills

Building knowledge of healthy eating, nutrition an dthe consequences of a poor diet.

 

 

Master chef competition

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

Students studying for a GCSE in Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products, must complete a single controlled assessment project which is a design, make and evaluate task from a set brief. They then complete a formal written exam at the end of year 11. Students who study Food Technology also take part in a formal practical where they prepare cook and present their final ideas in exam conditions.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

The new Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE is 50% written paper and 50% NEA. The NEAs are split into 2: Food Investigation which consists of a written report and pictorial evidence of practical work, this is worth 30% of the NEA mark: Food Preparation which consists of written and pictorial evidence of planning, making and presenting 3 dishes. NEA briefs are supplied by the exam boards in June of year 10.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/food/gcse/food-preparation-and-nutrition-8585

Useful Reading Material:

AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition by Anita Tull and Garry Littlewood

Edexcel textbook: Edexcel GCSE Design and Technology: Food Technology Student Book

Year 10
 

Students study for a single GCSE in Food Technology, with a single controlled assessment project accounting for 60% of the marks. 

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

The new Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE is 50% written paper and 50% NEA. The NEAs are split into 2: Food Investigation which consists of a written report and pictorial evidence of practical work, this is worth 30% of the NEA mark: Food Preparation which consists of written and pictorial evidence of planning, making and presenting 3 dishes. NEA briefs are supplied by the exam boards in June of year 10.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/food/gcse/food-preparation-and-nutrition-8585

Useful Reading Material:

AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition by Anita Tull and Garry Littlewood

Edexcel textbook: Edexcel GCSE Design and Technology: Food Technology Student Book

Year 11
 

Students study for a single GCSE in Food Technology, with a single controlled assessment project accounting for 60% of the marks. 

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

The new Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE is 50% written paper and 50% NEA. The NEAs are split into 2: Food Investigation which consists of a written report and pictorial evidence of practical work, this is worth 30% of the NEA mark: Food Preparation which consists of written and pictorial evidence of planning, making and presenting 3 dishes. NEA briefs are supplied by the exam boards in June of year 10.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Examination Board :

AQA

Course Specification:

AQA 8585 GCSE D&T:Food Prep & Nutrition        

Qualification obtained:

GCSE D&T: Food Preparation and Nutrition

Useful Websites:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/food/gcse/food-preparation-and-nutrition-8585

Useful Reading Material:

AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition by Anita Tull and Garry Littlewood

Edexcel textbook: Edexcel GCSE Design and Technology: Food Technology Student Book

Textiles

Year 9 

Autumn Spring Summer

Construction techniques

Container Project

Textiles and sustainability

 

 

Pattern cutting, customising and developing garments

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

www.textiles4u.wikispaces.com

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/gcse/design-and-technology-textiles-technology-4570

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes AQA GCSE Design and Technology: Textiles Technology

Collins GCSE Essentials - Textiles Technology: Revision Guide

Collins GCSE Essentials - Textiles Technology: Revision Workbook

Hodder Education AQA GCSE 9-1 Design & Technology All Material Categories and Systems

Collins AQA GCSE Revision All in One Practice book

Year 10
 

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

www.textiles4u.wikispaces.com

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/gcse/design-and-technology-textiles-technology-4570

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes AQA GCSE Design and Technology: Textiles Technology

Collins GCSE Essentials - Textiles Technology: Revision Guide

Collins GCSE Essentials - Textiles Technology: Revision Workbook

Hodder Education AQA GCSE 9-1 Design & Technology All Material Categories and Systems

Collins AQA GCSE Revision All in One Practice book

Year 11
 

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Examination Board :

AQA

Course Specification:

AQA 4570 GCSE D&T: Textiles Technology

Qualification obtained:

GCSE D&T: Textiles Technology

Useful Websites:

www.textiles4u.wikispaces.com

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/gcse/design-and-technology-textiles-technology-4570

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes AQA GCSE Design and Technology: Textiles Technology

Collins GCSE Essentials - Textiles Technology: Revision Guide

Collins GCSE Essentials - Textiles Technology: Revision Workbook

Hodder Education AQA GCSE 9-1 Design & Technology All Material Categories and Systems

Collins AQA GCSE Revision All in One Practice book

Product Design

Year 9
 

Autumn Spring Summer

Architecture project

CAD/CAM project

Garden Wildlife project

Eco Design 

Design for the future

 

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/gcse/design-and-technology-product-design-4555

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes AQA GCSE Design and Technology: Product Design

Hodder Education AQA GCSE 9-1 Design & Technology All Material Categories and Systems

Collins AQA GCSE Revision All in One Practice book

Year 10
 

Students study for a single GCSE in Product Design, with a single controlled assessment project accounting for 60% of the marks.  This is the same structure for every course.

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/gcse/design-and-technology-product-design-4555

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes AQA GCSE Design and Technology: Product Design

Hodder Education AQA GCSE 9-1 Design & Technology All Material Categories and Systems

Collins AQA GCSE Revision All in One Practice book

Year 11
 

Students study for a single GCSE in Product Design, with a single controlled assessment project accounting for 60% of the marks.  This is the same structure for every course.

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Examination Board :

AQA

Course Specification:

AQA 4555 GCSE D&T:Product Design     

Qualification obtained:

GCSE D&T: Product Design

Useful Websites

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/gcse/design-and-technology-product-design-4555

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes AQA GCSE Design and Technology: Product Design

Hodder Education AQA GCSE 9-1 Design & Technology All Material Categories and Systems

Collins AQA GCSE Revision All in One Practice book

Electronics

Year 9
 

Autumn Spring Summer

Electronics Liscense

Capacitor circuit

Flip Flop circuit

Introduction to CAD

Transistor circuit

Thyristor circuit

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/design-and-technology-electronic-products-2009.html

Useful Reading Material:

Collins Electronic Products

Collins GCSE D&T Electronics Products Essentials

Year 10
 

Students study for a single GCSE in Electronic Products, with a single controlled assessment project accounting for 60% of the marks.  This is the same structure for every course.

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/design-and-technology-electronic-products-2009.html

Useful Reading Material:

Collins Electronic Products

Collins GCSE D&T Electronics Products Essentials

Year 11
 

Students study for a single GCSE in Electronic Products, with a single controlled assessment project accounting for 60% of the marks.  This is the same structure for every course.

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Examination Board :

Edexcel

Course Specification:   

Edexcel 2EP01 GCSE D&T:Electronic Products

Qualification obtained:

GCSE D&T: Electronic Products

Useful Websites:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/design-and-technology-electronic-products-2009.html

Useful Reading Material:

Collins Electronic Products

Collins GCSE D&T Electronics Products Essentials

Engineering

Year 9
 

Autumn Spring Summer

Problem Solving - Wackey Racer

Structures

Technical Drawing

Mechanism - Gabber Challenge

Metal Work

Electronic egg timer

Appropriate Engineering

CAM

 

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Controlled Assessments Food Technology, Product Design, Textiles Technology or Electronic Products account for 60% of the marks of the course are started in the autumn term of Year 10. This is completed in December of Year 11 with interim deadlines for the final completion of sections provided by the teacher. The written exam accounts for the remaining 40% of the marks.  This is the same structure for each of these 4 courses.

The new Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE is 50% written paper and 50% NEA. The NEAs are split into 2: Food Investigation which consists of a written report and pictorial evidence of practical work, this is worth 30% of the NEA mark: Food Preparation which consists of written and pictorial evidence of planning, making and presenting 3 dishes. NEA briefs are supplied by the exam boards in June of year 10.

Engineering students are taking a double award, with two pieces of controlled assessment to complete, each contributing to a third of to their GCSE. They start either Unit 1 or Unit 2 after an initial introduction. Interim deadlines and formal deadlines for each unit are shared with the students. The written examination at the end of the course provides the other third of the marks.

BTEC assessment

The grades are Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 2 Distinction*, Level 1, Unclassified,

There are 4 units in total each worth 25% of the overall mark.

  • Unit 1 and Unit 2 are the core compulsory units.
  • Unit 1 is assessed via an on-line exam.
  • The other units are optional and all are assessed via course work based evidence. Students should be studying
  • Unit 5: Engineering Materials
  • Unit 6: Computer Aided Engineering

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

Engineering

www.engineering.com

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/engineering-2009.html

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-firsts/engineering-2012-nqf.html

Useful Reading Material:

Nelson Thornes GCSE Engineering Text Book by Neil Godfrey and Steve Wallis  

BTEC First in Engineering Student Book  by Simon Clarke and Alan Darbyshire

Year 10
 

Engineering students are awarded a double award, with two pieces of controlled assessments to complete (30% each with a 40% examination at the end of the course)

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

BTEC First Award in Engineering

The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/2 First Award in Engineering provides an engaging, robust, broad-based introduction to engineering. It provides underpinning knowledge, understanding and practical skills that reflect the needs of employers and higher and further education. It presents knowledge, skills and understanding in a meaningful work-related context, to allow learners to understand theory and application.

This qualification is intended for level 2 learners with level 1 achievement possible, where appropriate, for some learners.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Engineering students are taking a double award, with two pieces of controlled assessment to complete; each contributing to a third of to their GCSE Unit 1 is Engineering Design and Graphical Communication task. Unit 2 involves producing an Engineered Product from a set brief. Interim deadlines and formal deadlines for each unit are shared with the students. The written examination at the end of the course includes a pre-release material that students.

BTEC assessment

The grades are Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 2 Distinction*, Level 1, Unclassified,

There are 4 units in total each worth 25% of the overall mark.

  • Unit 1 and Unit 2 are the core compulsory units.
  • Unit 1 is assessed via an on-line exam.
  • The other units are optional and all are assessed via course work based evidence. Students should be studying
  • Unit 5: Engineering Materials
  • Unit 6: Computer Aided Engineering

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Useful Websites:

Engineering

www.engineering.com

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/engineering-2009.html

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-firsts/engineering-2012-nqf.html

Useful Reading Material:

Engineering

Nelson Thornes GCSE Engineering Text Book by Neil Godfrey and Steve Wallis  

BTEC First in Engineering Student Book  by Simon Clarke and Alan Darbyshire

Year 11
 

Engineering students are awarded a double award, with two pieces of controlled assessments to complete (30% each with a 40% examination at the end of the course)

Exam knowledge and skills are developed throughout year 10 and 11.

BTEC First Award in Engineering

The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/2 First Award in Engineering provides an engaging, robust, broad-based introduction to engineering. It provides underpinning knowledge, understanding and practical skills that reflect the needs of employers and higher and further education. It presents knowledge, skills and understanding in a meaningful work-related context, to allow learners to understand theory and application.

This qualification is intended for level 2 learners with level 1 achievement possible, where appropriate, for some learners.

KS4 Assessment:

All students who follow this course will be given home learning weekly.  Wider reading is always useful either from the websites offered, the text book or as directed by their classroom teacher.

GCSE assessment

Engineering students are taking a double award, with two pieces of controlled assessment to complete; each contributing to a third of to their GCSE Unit 1 is Engineering Design and Graphical Communication task. Unit 2 involves producing an Engineered Product from a set brief. Interim deadlines and formal deadlines for each unit are shared with the students. The written examination at the end of the course includes a pre-release material that students.

Examination Board :

Edexcel

Course Specification:

Edexcel 2EG02 (D) GCSE D&T: Engineering 

Qualification obtained:

GCSE D&T: Engineering (Double Award)

BTEC assessment

The grades are Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 2 Distinction*, Level 1, Unclassified,

There are 4 units in total each worth 25% of the overall mark.

  • Unit 1 and Unit 2 are the core compulsory units.
  • Unit 1 is assessed via an on-line exam.
  • The other units are optional and all are assessed via course work based evidence. Students should be studying
  • Unit 5: Engineering Materials
  • Unit 6: Computer Aided Engineering

In the Summer Term, each student will sit a formal, internal exam which will consist of all elements taught throughout the course.  Appropriate preparation in the form of revision should be taken seriously with sufficient planning and organisation to ensure each student fulfils their potential.

Examination Board :

Edexcel

Course Specification:

Edexcel 2EG02 (D) GCSE D&T: Engineering 

Qualification obtained:

BTEC First award Level 1/2 Engineering

Useful Websites:

Engineering

www.engineering.com

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/engineering-2009.html

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-firsts/engineering-2012-nqf.html

Useful Reading Material:

Engineering

Nelson Thornes GCSE Engineering Text Book by Neil Godfrey and Steve Wallis  

BTEC First in Engineering Student Book  by Simon Clarke and Alan Darbyshire

Useful Websites:

www.edexcel.org.uk

www.aqa.org.uk

www.bbc.co.uk/schools/bitesize 

www.technologystudent.com

www.design-technology.org

www.pbskids.org/designsquad

Useful Reading Material:

Revision books are available from the D&T office

Additional information:

To be confirmed

Address Park High School, Thistlecroft Gardens, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 1PL

Headteacher Mr Emlyn Lumley

Phone 020 8952 2803

  • National Teaching School
  • Healthy School
  • Arts Council
  • Teacher Development Trust
  • Ofsted
  • Stonewall
  • CSW
  • SSAT Leading Edge