Examination Results 2014
66 students sat their A Levels at Park High, this year. There were some remarkable stories: our Head Boy, Shahid Wahab, gained A* in Mathematics, A* in Further Mathematics, A* in Spanish and A in Music and is going up to Cambridge to read for a degree in Spanish and German; and Amit Ghandi gained A* in Mathematics, A* in Further Mathematics, A* in Physics and A in Chemistry as well as a Distinction in the Advanced Extension Award for Mathematics and will be reading for a degree in Mathematics at Warwick University. The overwhelming majority of our students were successful in gaining the places at universities of their choosing and we wish them all every success.
· 50% of all grades were at A*-B
· 99% of all grades at A*-E.
· 17% of all grades achieved were at A or A*.
276 students sat GCSE examinations at Park High, this year. Every one of them leaves us with at least one pass – this is one of our most important measures of success – the extent to which we are able to ensure that everyone can succeed. There were some tremendous individual successes and lots of very happy students collected their results on Thursday, 21 August, able to enrol onto the courses they wanted in the colleges or Sixth Forms of their choice. The stability of our results in a year when the press was reporting “volatility” should give everyone concerned a well-deserved pat on the back: teachers and parents for supporting the students so well; and the students, themselves, for their hard work which appears to have paid dividends.
· 75% of students achieved 5 or more A*-C grades.
· 71% of students achieved 5 or more A*-C grades including English and Mathematics.
· 28% of all grades were A*/A
· 62% of students achieved at least one A or A*
· 80% of all grades were A*-C.
· 25 students achieved a total of 9 or more grades all at A* or A.
· 28% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate (Ebacc) qualification
Park High School, Thistlecroft Gardens, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 1PL
Mr Emlyn Lumley
0208 952 2803