The School council is made up of 3 students per year group who are responsible, committed and dedicated to improving the school.
The School Council we be involved in:
- Raising awareness of issues that staff can not see
- Working with different ages and communities
- Organising Events
- Represent the views of your peers
- getting the student voice heard
- the interview process for new members of staff.
Being involved in the school council can help strengthen skills such as:
- Public speaking
- Communicating with staff
What the school council have achieved:
- Short Sleeve Order in the Summer Term
- Questionnaires for the students in order to gain feedback
- Making sure all the clocks work in the classroom
- Replacing and fixing broken chairs.
The School Council are involved in the following Events:
- Helping at the Christmas Senior Council
- Valentines Card - sale and delivery
- Christmas Cards – sale and delivery
- Red Nose Day events
- Sports Relief events
- Supporting local charities through non-uniform days
- Raising money for teenage cancer trust, MIND, Little Princess Foundation
- Selling Poppies
- Organising Social Events
- Harrow Youth Parliament Vote
To apply to be a member of the school council:
At the start of the year the application will be advertised. The exsisting school council will short-list the applicants and the school votes for the students they feel will best represent them. The successful candidates are then interviewed by current members of the school council and the teachers.
If you have any questions about the school council please speak to exsisting members of the school council or Ms Calero and/or Miss Chamberlain.